Some signs of truck axle issues are noticeable, while others are sometimes subtle. If you ever notice a change in the way your vehicle drives or hear strange noises while driving, it is important to have an axle repair shop check out your truck right away. The issue could be alignment or perhaps a bent axle. Either way, taking care of the problem sooner rather than later will help prevent issues on the road.
Here are a few common signs that you might need truck axle repair:
- You hear a loud clicking, clanking or clunking noise when you take a turn. This issue is often caused by a bad axle shaft assembly or loose truck axle joints.
- The tires of your truck feel uneven or “wobble” when you drive. These issues can be caused by alignment or might be the result of a bent axle.
- There is grease along the outer edge of your tire. Evidence of grease on a tire is likely the result of a worn or torn boot.
- You experience excessive vibration through the seat or steering wheel when the vehicle is in motion. This issue could be caused by bad alignment or a failing axle.
Preventing Axle Wear with Regular Maintenance and Repairs
In addition to always keeping your truck properly aligned, you or your heavy duty truck axle repair shop should perform regular inspections of all trailer truck axle components. All inspections should include:
- Checking for signs of wear, discoloration or cracking on all bearings and hubs
- Lubricating camshafts and camshaft bushings and replacing worn or damaged components
- Inspecting the entire length of the truck axle beam for rust or evidence of cracks, bending, or warping
Broken axle repair can’t always be avoided, but regular maintenance can help prevent many of the issues that lead to extensive damage. Contact our San Leandro axle repair shop to schedule service or maintenance for your commercial vehicle.
If you are not located in the San Leandro, CA area, don’t worry. We also have heavy duty truck axle repair service shops in several other West Coast location for your convenience.
San Leandro, CA Truck Axle Repair Shop Location & Hours
950 Doolittle Drive
San Leandro, CA 94577
Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Broken Axle Repair from the Experts at Betts
Whether you need broken axle repair for your commercial truck or want to purchase truck parts to perform repairs on your own, we can help. Betts has over 30 years of experience servicing boat trailer axles and vehicles including class 6, 7 and 8 trucks and we only use premium parts from leading manufacturers. Our West Coast axle repair shops have solutions for everything ranging from spring repair to brake services and more.
Contact Our San Leandro Axle Repair Shop to Schedule Your Service
Our repair shop in San Leandro, California provides broken axle repair and a range of other inspection and maintenance services for a range of commercial vehicles. Schedule an appointment with our San Leandro, CA axle repair shop today!