COMMERCIAL VEHICLE BRAKE REPAIRS
Noticing a squealing or grinding sound when you brake? Or is your truck just not braking like it used to?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration ran a study and found that brake problems contributed to nearly 30% of over 140,000 semi truck crashes. In fact, brake problems were more likely to cause a fatal crash than driving too fast or driver fatigue. If your brakes aren’t in top condition, then it’s time to schedule a service.
Betts Truck Parts & Service Semi Truck Brake Service and Maintenance Locations
Your brakes are the one thing between you and an accident.
From worn brake pads to locked brakes there are a number of things that can go wrong on the road, and Betts is here to help. If your vehicle needs its brakes serviced then schedule an appointment today and visit one of our repair centers.
- Fresno, CA
- Fontana, CA
- Sacramento, CA
- Santa Fe Springs, CA
- San Leandro, CA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Portland, OR
- Sun Valley, CA
Betts Knows Heavy Duty Vehicle Brake Systems
The last thing you need is to be stuck on the side of the road. Fortunately, Betts has a storied history of helping drivers on their routes.
Founded by an English steel craftsman in 1868 in San Francisco, Betts was originally a manufacturer of springs for carriages, streetcars, and wagons, and over 155 years later Betts Truck Parts & Service repairs big rig trucks and trailers.
Semi trucks and trailers are fitted with air brakes, which are unique from brakes you might see in a car. These brakes rely on air instead of hydraulic fluid which makes for a more reliable braking system that can easily connect to one or more trailers. Even though your brakes may be reliable, they are not indestructible. Time and wear can put an enormous amount of stress on your truck’s break, causing a host of issues.
A brake problem on any vehicle is dangerous, but when a truck or tractor-trailer has an issue, the danger increases tenfold. Regular brake maintenance is critical for keeping your brakes in good operating condition and preventing issues that can place you and others in extreme danger on the road.
As a professional driver, you know when something’s not right with your truck brakes or trailer brakes but choosing the best mechanic for the job isn’t always easy. At Betts, it’s always safety first, and our experienced mechanics are there to keep your brakes in tip-top shape.
Signs That Your Truck Needs Brake Maintenance
There are a number of problems you can experience with your brakes, such as:
- Unbalanced brakes
- Brake locking
- Worn brake pads
If you hear the following:
- High-pitched squealing: This noise is an indicator that your brake pads need to be replaced.
- Grinding when braking: If you hear or feel a grinding sound while braking, your brake pads are likely worn to the point where the metal calipers are grinding against your rotors. Not seeking service immediately will result in damage to your rotors and costlier repairs
Or if you feel the following:
- Pulling: Feeling your truck pull to the left or right can indicate issues with the calipers, air brake hose, or other components. It can also indicate issues with your truck alignment or tires. Either way, you should have your truck serviced as soon as possible.
- Vibrations: If you experience vibrations when braking normally, it could be caused by warping or another issue with your rotors. Warping can occur over a period of time and as a result of heat and friction or from carrying heavy loads.
- Changes in brake pedal: If you have to press down harder than normal to engage the brakes or the brake pedal feels loose, you could have a leak or other issue with the brake line.
Then it is time to get your brakes looked at and serviced.
Why Choose Betts for Truck Brake & Maintenance Services?
Betts is your source for brake maintenance and wheel end replacement for semis and other heavy-duty trucks. Whether you need complete brake pad replacement or any other truck repair service, we have the tools and expertise to get the job done right.
Our brake service is performed by mechanics who specialize in large vehicles and we only use high-quality parts from the industry’s leading manufacturers. We provide the following brake services and maintenance at our eight West Coast truck repair shops:
- ABS systems
- Brake shoe
- Brake hardware
- Air brake hose
- Air brake fittings
- Brake chambers
- Wheel seals
- Wheel bearings
- Air tanks
- Brake installation
- System troubleshooting
- and more
We carry a complete line of Bendix products, as well as truck and trailer brake system components from other leading manufacturers.