Collisions, potholes and driving on rough surface can all damage and weaken a truck axle but there are other, sometimes less noticeable issues that can lead to truck axle repair if they’re not addressed right away. By knowing what to look for, you can help correct the problems before you find yourself stranded on the side on the road.
- Changes in fuel economy: The weight of your load and driving speed can all affect fuel economy, but if your fuel consumption is unusually high, it could indicate that one or more of your axles is out of alignment.
- Excessive vibrations or wobbling: If you experience excessive vibration coming through your steering wheel or seat, your truck axles might be rotating unevenly. Experiencing an unsteady or “wobbling” coming from the tires can be indicative bad alignment or a bent axle.
- Loud noises when turning: An excessively worn axle shaft can cause your truck or trailer to produce a loud clanking, clunking or clicking noise when your vehicle is in motion or when taking sharp turns.
- Leaking around the tire area: If you notice grease along the outer rim of one or more tires, it means you have a leak coming from one of your axle joints.
Preventing Truck Axle Repair Problems
Regular vehicle and preventative maintenance can both go a long way in preventing issues that can lead to axle repair. Have your local axle repair shop perform an inspection as part of your scheduled maintenance or check for issues yourself before hitting the road. Here are a few common things to look for:
- Rusting, cracking, bending or other damage to the truck axle beam
- Uneven tire wear
- Leaks coming from the axle joints
- Worn or corroded fasteners
- Alignment issues
If you are not located in the Fontana, CA area, contact one of our other West Coast axle repair shops to schedule your heavy duty truck axle or boat trailer axle repair service.
Fontana, CA Axle Repair Shop Location & Hours
10771-B Almond Avenue
Fontana, CA 92337
Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
We Only Use Premium Parts and Components for Truck Axle Repair
Betts Truck Parts & Service has over 30 years of experience in heavy duty truck axle repair and other commercial vehicle services. We service a range of vehicles including class 6, 7 and 8 trucks as well as light- to medium-duty trucks and trailers. Our axle repair shop only uses premium parts from trusted brands to keep your truck in excellent operating condition. In addition to broken axle repair, we provide other truck and trailer repair services including spring repair, brake services and more.